Copyeditor/Proofreader (San Diego)
Deemed one of the best places to work in the health care marketing industry by MM&M, Health & Wellness Partners, LLC (HWP), is a full-service medical communications company that specializes in developing and executing promotional medical education programs. We are proud of the career growth opportunity offered to all team members and a culture that supports many charitable initiatives.
At this time we are looking to add a Copyeditor/Proofreader to our Editorial Services team in San Diego, California. This candidate is responsible for ensuring the HWP quality requirements for all written materials are satisfied, including grammar, style, spelling, consistency, and accuracy of content. In addition, this candidate will develop and maintain project style guides and review and update on an ongoing basis.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Copyediting all final program/meeting/enduring materials (all formats) produced by HWP for accuracy, ensuring they are free from grammatical and spelling errors
- Reviewing content for consistency of style and making changes as needed
- Identifying unclear or unwieldy language and offering suggestions for improvement
- Ensuring accuracy, including faculty names, drug names, supporter information, etc.
- Verifying and correcting citations
- For advisory board slides, performing a “cold read,” taking into consideration budget and timing
- Synchronizing content for virtual presentations, including matching slides to audio
- Synchronizing audio/video assets with approved scripts (“proofing” the spoken verbiage against the hard copy script and adjusting the script as needed to match)
- Performing usability/quality (functionality) assurance testing on virtual platforms, including electronic media links
- For journal publications, ensuring compliance with journal requirements and formatting manuscript accordingly
- Understanding and applying digital editorial guidelines when copyediting/proofreading websites, apps, etc.
- Writing brief faculty and HWP staff biographies
To be successful, the candidate will need to be detail-oriented and have the ability to organize multiple tasks and work on several programs simultaneously. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate keen time management skills in order to meet all deadlines.
We are looking for someone with:
- A minimum 3-5 years’ experience copyediting/proofreading all media
- Basic knowledge of AMA 10th edition (11th edition a plus) and ability to follow other style guides
- Ability to proofread and copyedit documents that have professional-level medical content
- Ability to understand medical and scientific terminology
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft® Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Ability to use the internet to find and verify facts as needed for the copyediting process
Please send cover email and resume to HR@hwpnj.com.